Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,137   Online: 1061

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Century Master Studio Stand Question

A while back I took my Century Master Studio Stand apart to repair some broken pieces of wood.
    Part of the work required me to dismantle the large coil spring that gives tension to the rising and lowering of the camera bed. If I remember correctly when the camera bed is all the way up it is at full tension. My problem is getting the spring attached so when the bed is at full height with the camera placed on top it has enough tension to hold the camera at full height. It seems simple enough-attach the spring to the wooden base at the lowest level and crank up which gives the spring tension to support the camera at full height. When I have tired this and put the camera on the bed there is not enough tension and the weight of the camera makes the bed drop down and not stay at the desired height. I am confused...

I hope that I have explained this and anyone might have some ideas.
    Thanks

Charles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spring2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome To APUG Charles !

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that situation.
    But, there are 58,151 { At This Moment } other members that might be ...

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You may need to add tension to the spring by giving the coil another turn or two BEFORE reattaching it to the base. I have a Semi-Centennial stand that is similar and this was the advice I was given since my spring is losing some of its hold at maximum height. I haven't looked into it yet, though, so this is just an idea.

Jonathan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin