Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,052   Posts: 1,561,191   Online: 929

Shooter
    Multi Format

Estimated resale value: Wista N system

I'm considering letting go of my Wista N and lenses. I have a Fujinon SW 90/8, Fujinar 15cm f/6.3,Nikon Nikkor-W 180/5.6, and a Fujinon-L 300/5.6 and four or five film holders and an alternate back for use with 120 roll film.
    The body is in good condition but there are some apparently hand drawn penciled frame marks on the focusing screen.

I've looked into selling it at a local store but know that they don't buy at very generous prices so I was curious about selling here. I wouldn't even know what to list it at. Pictures of most of the gear can be found in my blog, listed in my signature below.

Any help or advice appreciated.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No store will give you a good price, they have to make a profit, it's better to sell privately and sell the lenses separately.

Values differer depending on the location, I've no idea about Japan but here in the UK prices are often 50% more than the US. Itv also depends on whether someone wants that model £200 ($300) would be a typical price maybe up to £300 ($450) or a bit more if you're really lucky.

You're better checking finished listings for the lens values and at what KEH sell them for secondhand n the US.

Just remember that the value of a complete kit is less than the individual components.

Ian

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A lot of folks use Ebay history as a guide to current prices in a private sale. You might try that.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I took the whole set to the store today and they appraised it. They offered me just over $400 for it. And if I'm buying something at the same time they will add 10% to the trade-in value and also give me 3% in points which can then also be applied to the purchase, so essentially $450 if I'm buying something. Unfortunately they didn't have either of the two items I'm interested in buying are the Pentax 645 A35/3.5 lens or the Mamiya 6. If they had had either I would have been very tempted. But instead I brought everything home with me. I'll keep checking their inventory. In the mean time I think I will try to get some more use out of this camera.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin