Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,988   Online: 853

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Where to buy Compur/Copal/Prontor/Seiko/Epsilon retaining rings

As the title indicates I'm lokking for a source for #0 and #1 retaining rings for the Compur, Copal, Prontor, Epsilon, Seiko, Agi shutters all of which conform to the modern Copla/Compur size standards. Grimes isn't an option as they are wildly expensive.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you can't find a source in Europe, ping me with a PM and I'll see if I can make a couple for you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've bought one for a Copal 1 from the 'bay, about $8, not including shipping from seller Heavystar, but I am still waiting for delivery, so I can't tell you about the quality.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    I've bought one for a Copal 1 from the 'bay, about $8, not including shipping from seller Heavystar, but I am still waiting for delivery, so I can't tell you about the quality.
    I've bought from Heavystar in the past so will have a look, I've found his Pacemaker Graphic lens boards are excellent and arrived quickly and constantly recommend him I'll see if he'll do a better deal on a few (he does on lens boards). Thanks

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I've bought from Heavystar in the past so will have a look, I've found his Pacemaker Graphic lens boards are excellent and arrived quickly and constantly recommend him

Ian
    Same experience.
    Definitely a reccomended seller!
    I found that the retaining rings (00, 0 and 1) are good and cheap. He also sells an adapter to fit no.00 shutters in no.0 lensboards.
    It's a cheap solution to use those old wide-angles, which were sold fitted in pesky super-small shutters

have fun

CJ

Sent from my Android tablet
    Getting back from digital to LF (mostly 5x7" and 8x10")
    selling Linhof Technika III 4x5" (fifth version, graflock back), Mamiya Press outfit + lenses, plus many LF lenses
    trading for soft focus lenses with 8x10" coverage - EU users preferred
    Photographica Flickr sets
    For sale

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Good to know guys!

I found his store by the way, and here you can find the retaining rings: http://www.heavystar.com/servlet/the...mat/Categories
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin