Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,773   Posts: 1,516,589   Online: 1061

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Another quickload question....

There seems to be a lot of conflicting info on quickload film being available.

The shelves here in Japan are oozing Fuji quickload film. Is this exclusive to Japan?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It'll be like Kodachrome withdrawn from overseas markets first and the remainder sold in the home market while existing stocks last.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When was the official discontinuation of quickload? Seems odd that there would be so much fresh quickload. There wasn't even a notice about "while supplies last."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They've been gradually disappearing from various markets as stocks ru out rather, there were announcements that they were being discontinued here in the UK a year or two ago.

You're seing only small amounts relative to the global market.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvo86 View Post
    There seems to be a lot of conflicting info on quickload film being available.

The shelves here in Japan are oozing Fuji quickload film. Is this exclusive to Japan?
    For the most part, yes.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wish Fuji had a better distribution system. I really miss the Acros QL and the FP100b Fujiroid B&W. The stuff seemed to suddenly disappear from the shelves.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji have a very good distribution systems but when products are no longer made then items get withdrawn from some areas before others. It's termed phased withdrawal.

There's nothing stopping you from buying from a Japanese supplier, except possibly the language. Don't worry we learnt a long time ago foreigners understand if you speak louder

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 06-27-2012 at 07:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If Acros QL were still being made and available here that would be reason enough for me to get a QL holder. But it isn't, so I'm not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm probably just going to stick with sheet film in the end. Across in QL is about 5 bucks a shot and standard sheet is about 2 bucks a shot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought a quickload in hope to use QL films, but it sounds i did a big mistake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin