Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,264   Online: 1025

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Question regarding roll film back on Crown Graphic

I just received my first Graphic camera... a Crown Graphic 23. I know its technically a medium format camera, but I'm posting it here because (a) it has more in common with LF cameras than most MF and (b) I figure all the 4x5 Graphic people hang out here. Anyway, The camera came with a "23" Graphic 6x9 roll film back (knob wind). When I remove the ground glass, and secure the roll back, it seems to seat properly, but there is nothing stopping the entire back from sliding off the camera to the right. There is enough friction that it doesn't just fall off, but a nudge will push it pretty easily, potentially exposing my roll. Am I missing something here? It is a graflok back, btw.
    ~ Michelle

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got a 23 Speed Graphic with a couple of roll backs. The Graflok back silver 'slide tabs' should slide down to hold it firmly in place.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    should be a ridge on the right side of the back of the camera that locks into a dent along the same side of the roll film holder....if ur graflok back is securing it properly, should all be solid. Post pics?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I did secure it topand bottom with the metal tabs, but that doesnt stop it from sliding. I will take another look and post some pictures when I get home.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most likely it is a Graflex back. On the Graphic the roll film back has a rail and the camera a groove. If it is a Graflex rather than a Graphic back, it has a goove instead of a rail and there is nothing to prevent it sliding. One solution you could try is to put something into one of the grooves so they well lock together when the back is fitted.

The other possibility is that someone ground the rail off the back at sometime (To fit the back on a strange camera?) in the past. I have no idea how you could fix that.

Anyway, if the rail on the Graphic back fits down into the grove on the camera, the back can not slide.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    black masking tape is cheap and works wonders.
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A picture of the camera back and the film holder would sure reduce the need for guessing. Sounds to me like an equipment incompatibility. This should be an easy fete to accomplish I'd the equiipment Is correct.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brian, did you mean feet? Or feat?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suggest that you also post your question on www.graflex.org.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Brian, did you mean feet? Or feat?
    Pheat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin