Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,281   Online: 1049

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just an observation but for me, in the transition from small format to larger format, the biggest issue was the upgrade of the darkroom. My biggest cost factors were in the 4x5 enlarger, the enlarging lens, figuring out how to develop the negatives etc. The bulk of the investment in the camera side comes in the lenses, and one nice thing about large format is that the lenses can be used across different camera platforms - invest in a good lens, and put it on a graphlex first - if you find that you want more movements, get a monorail and use the same lens, or if you are hiking and want less weight, a Tachihara folder may be the answer - again, you use the same lens.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Check out Large Format Photography Forum. Their home page has a wealth of information about large format and it's free! It has really helped me out. Also check out "Using the View Camera" by Steve Simmons. Steve's book is available on Amazon and has also taught me a few things.

Membership is free at Large Format Photography Forum and after I believe 30 days you can access the for sale section.

I'm a member and I recognize a lot of the APUG members here also being members.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The forum at the Large Format Photo site is http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/

The top level domain is .info, not .com as most folks would expect.

I'm a member there also. Great group.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    graywolf: Thanks. Well, I'm taking a Large Format class this semester so I'll probably spend a few weeks learning stuff there before I shell out the $ for the camera....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin