Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,841   Posts: 1,582,617   Online: 1057

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moving to 4x5

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Jobo stuff is (maybe temporarily as they are supposed to be bringing back an improved processor) discontinued too but easy enough to find with some looking.
    I know that the Processors were discontinued; however, you can still get new tanks if you know where to look.

And they are a lot cheaper than the bullsh#t prices some are asking on eBay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's a thread either here or the LFPF about the planned new processor, slightly upgraded version of the CPP2, price "under $3k" if I remember correctly, which probably means $2999 if they hit the price point. Pricey, but still.. the old one was about $2k new years ago, wasn't it?

I'll see if I can find the thread.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Way View Post
    Wow, really? Amazing. And I thought the company and product line bit the dust. I wonder if they get going again if they will continue to supply parts for their previous incantations.
    Jobo parts, drums and any other Jobo gear is generally available, has and will be in the future, regardless of their plans to bring a new processor into production late this year or next year.

There are a few resources in the US for parts and drums (as well as a plethora of used gear on ebay...) - check this out to name one:
    http://processorparts.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    A great learning tool for 4x5 is shooting Fujiroid. Get one of those pack type polaroid backs and invest some money in instant fuji film. Then go around willy nilly taking pictures of anything and everything for awhile and get the instant feedback. This will make you comfortable using the camera.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shoot "Fujiroid" some. Be aware that the 4x5 Fuji instant films have been discontinued though some is still available. Plus the cost is about three times that of the 3.25x4.25. I find that size close enough to be very useful. The Polaroid 405 back is the one you want - not sure about an equivalent Fuji back but there probably is one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found this useful for me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikOI1XLBxqA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In addition to AAs books, which got me started in LF years ago, come to think about it, I also found two other books useful: Leslie Stroebel's "View Camera Basics" and Steve Simmons "Using the View Camera". I also enjoyed browsing Jack Dykinga's "Large Format Nature Photography", though most of the key info is in the first two books.

Needless to say, Ralph Lambrecht and Chris Woodhouse's "Way Beyond Monochrome" 2nd edition is a great compendium of all the other things one finds useful when using a view (or any other) camera. I go back to it all the time.

Regarding the availability of Jobo equipment, new (not 2nd hand) Expert Drums, and CPA-2 and CPP-2 processors, with parts, can be bought in EU from http://www.fotolaborservice.de/, I corresponded with Klaus-Dieter Seynsche there for info about those.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Look for the taller ones.
    And the narrower ones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've started processing my sheets in trays. Used to use a Paterson Orbital and then a Jobo CPA2. I can't imagine not using trays again.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin