Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,738   Online: 995

Shooter
    Multi Format

Center Filter for Fujinon 125mm NSW... Will the Schneider Size 4 Work??

Will a Schneider #4 Center Filter work properly (well enough) with a Fujinon 125mm NSW for up to 5x7+ coverage? If so then what is the optimum aperture?

BTW, I already have this CF for use with the 150mm SA XL so this would save me a lot of money.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    BTW, I already have this CF for use with the 150mm SA XL so this would save me a lot of money.
    Why don't you simply test it then?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Why don't you simply test it then?
    Sorry... I should have stated that I don't have the Fuji 125mm. I'm trying to decide if I want to try one but not if my CF won't work with it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I doubt this lens will even cover 5x7 with movements, if at all. It's not really a wide-angle design; and a CF would probably overcompensate. It's a nice little lens for 4x5 if you only need modest
    rise or can work with back tilt.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    Will a Schneider #4 Center Filter work properly (well enough) with a Fujinon 125mm NSW for up to 5x7+ coverage? If so then what is the optimum aperture?
    I suspect you mean a 125mm NWS from around 1981 vintage - The image circle is given as 198mm (http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat/ws-nws.htm). The 135mm NSW will cover 5x7, and if you can find an early version with lettering on the inside of the barrel, it will give you room for (modest) movements.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'd take the published image circles in Fuji literature with a grain of salt. They were often over-optimistic and had a lot of typos. And anything under 200mm is tricky even for 4x5 anyway.
    That being said, the older internal-lettering lenses tended to hit around 80-degree coverage reasonably stopped down. But they weren't multi-coated, if that is a hypothetical issue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm asking about the f/8 NSW with an advertised image circle of 280mm. It has 82mm threads which could share (by size anyway) the CF for a 150mm SA XL. The Fuji appears to be very nice but big and heavy.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    ????? Where on earth are you seeing a lens like that listed?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I think I figured it out ... you actually mean a 125 SW/8, not NSW, in which case your 82mm CF might work very well indeed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin