Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,156   Online: 988

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello

Thanks for all the answers!

I am aware that adding space between the GG and the lens will add a focusing error to the camera, being a fresnel or other thing!
    I had a toyo with a fresnel and i removed it since the image did not seemed a lot brighter and a hot spot was added, specially with the 90mm. Although the ground glass and fresnel were from a horseman camera... but that doesn´t seem important to me

the mais question (and the cheapest option...) yanke or hopf....

Thanks

Rui Lourosa
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    That's because the backs were designed that way to accomadate the fresnel.
    Also, but to a lesser extent, because the light path through the Fresnel is not the straight path it would have been through the empty space..

Steve.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ruilourosa View Post
    i bought a shen hao TZ45-IIB as it seemed very portable, versatile and reasonably build, although it seems that it´s ground glass is a tad dark. I haven´t received the camera yet...
    Rui Lourosa
    Umm you havent even seen it so YOU cannont actualy tell.

My ShenHao ground glass is plenty bright.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Shen Hao GG and fresnel are a tad dark, having very difficult time to focus, i need either a dark cloth or a hood to see something, with my Speed/Crown Graphics which they come with that folding hood i can focus easily as they are bright, would like to buy something for me Shen Hao, i bought their folding hood but it didn't attach to my Shen Hao, it helped a bit better than nothing almost same or closer to that dark cloth, but i hate holding it all the time to focus/refocus, i want to fix it on my camera, otherwise, i should buy another GG/fresnel brighter than the original one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've gained over 1½ stops in brightness just by changing the glass screens in at lewast half a dozen cameras, closer to 3 stops when I've added a fresnel as well.

Over the past few years I've rarely needed to use a dark-cloth with my Wista although I always carry one and the same goes for my Grown and Super Graphic both of which have new screens alongside their fresnels and the added advantage of their focus hoods.

So you may want to get a brighter screen made.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    Does anyone use the parallax method to focus? This is where you have a clear spot in center of groundglass that you mark an x with grease pencil. Then with a loupe you focus on something and move your head sideways. The image is in focus when the image doesn't move in relationship to the grease pencil x as you move your head.

Just tried this trick on a 35mm RF camera that I suspected of being out of whack, and sure enough it was wacked
    Cool. I need to try that.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hello Ian Grant

Which ground glasses are you using?
    Thanks

Rui Lourosa

@oporto
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ruilourosa View Post
    hello Ian Grant

Which ground glasses are you using?
    Thanks

Rui Lourosa

@oporto

PM sent.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin