Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,700   Online: 1122

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

F stop scales!!!!!!!!!

hello

I am planning a compact and cheap lens kit like 210, 270, 305 all clarons... and i have a compur 1 where they all fit nicely, how could i do a f stop scale for the shutter (since i plan to use only that one and doing some screwing and unscrewing as i change the different cells), has anyone did this already? i know that convertible lenses have something like this, is it possible?

thanks!

Rui Lourosa
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SK Grimes
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triple.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	54042

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ok it has been done!!!! i think i will try to make one myself, it seems a nice project...

it would be nice to have scanned scales for different lenses, different focal lenght´s and different shutters, i think i will do it for the lenses and shutters i own!!! that way it would be easyer for new shuttering projects!!!
    working for the community!!! :-)
    scans are welcome!!!

Rui Lourosa
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Get a shutter with a scale for the 305. The 210 will be almost exactly one stop faster than the 305 at equal aperture needle settings. So f/11 on the 305 scale will be f/8 on the 210, f/16 will be f/11, etc.

270 doesn't work as well, so... just don't bother carrying a 270

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyMac View Post
    Get a shutter with a scale for the 305. The 210 will be almost exactly one stop faster than the 305 at equal aperture needle settings. So f/11 on the 305 scale will be f/8 on the 210, f/16 will be f/11, etc.

270 doesn't work as well, so... just don't bother carrying a 270
    Use the 210 component on the rear and the 305 component on the front, you'll get about a 255mm combination.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Schneider once sold a Symmar convertible/combination set for a very short time, but you should in theory be able to use any Combination of Symmar cells in a shutter they fit. That should be possible with Plasmat type G-Clarons as well.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Schneider once sold a Symmar convertible/combination set for a very short time, but you should in theory be able to use any Combination of Symmar cells in a shutter they fit. That should be possible with Plasmat type G-Clarons as well.

Ian
    The Dagor type G-Clarons can be mixed (not with the Plasmats, AFIK) and matched, as well. So can Goerz Dagors.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting!!!

crossing cells would affect quality? what about spacing... many questions!!!!!

thanks

Rui Lourosa
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ruilourosa View Post
    Interesting!!!

crossing cells would affect quality? what about spacing... many questions!!!!!

thanks

Rui Lourosa
    Correct spacing would be a job for an expert, which I am not.
    But, if you tweak the spacing until you get a flat field at say 50x the focal length, it will work surprisingly well. I did this with some old Dagor lenses from 6" to 300mm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin