Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,590   Online: 993

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Newby Lens question

Howdy,

I hope someone can help me out. I was looking at a Super Graphic that I have an interest on and want some clarification on the lens.

From what is printed on the front it mentions that it is a Rodenstock Ysarex 127mm F4.7 – no probs there. But around the outer edge of the lens assembly it mentions that it is a Polaroid Pathfinder Land Camera 110A. What I am seeing here is referring to the shutter assembly and such? Is that correct?

Cheers

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That lens and shutter are from a Polaroid camera. It's not original to the super graphic. Shutter is probably a prontor. It should cover 4x5.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK, thanks for that. In the reasonability scale of things, how does that lens rate?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It will be fine. Don't worry about it! Use it with confidence. I have an ex-Polaroid lens (a Tominon) on my 4x5 and it looks great with the limited amount of work I've done with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Superb lens, I have that set-up on my 4x5 and use it more than any other lens. The only thing I don't care for is no 'T' setting for focus, I have to set on 'B' and lock my cable release. I love the EV setting, lock it in and when you change either the speed or aperture the other moves accordingly.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a Tessar type lens, I believe the Ysarex had an element of rare-earth glass to improve the corrections- I could be wrong though. The only downside is that it just covers 4x5, there is no room for movements.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin