Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,594   Online: 825

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is there a cheaper more common alternative to the Polaroid 405 holder? Only finding a few on eBay (none on KEH) and they seem to be quite expensive for what they do, between 160-250 USD.

Also, do they no longer make single sheets for something like the Polaroid 545 holder?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No more single sheets made, no.

There is a Fuji holder but the rare ones I have seen were more than the Polaroid. Most of the 405 holders were in the $75-$125 range when I shopped them on eBay. They may have shot up in price or there may just be a surge in overpriced ones. I'd try to be a little patient, check eBay regularly (they probably come up too often for too much money to do a saved search on them) or post a WTB ad either here or on the LFPF.
    Last edited by Roger Cole; 07-29-2012 at 05:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, it is what it is I guess ... I am still happy that in 2012 I am able to do this.

Last question! Will the 405 holder work on my Cambo Legend and would it only work if I removed the GG assembly and used the graflock system (i.e. I can't just slide it in like a regular dark slide)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine slides in the spring back on my Linhof Tech III. It's tight, but it fits. I think it will fit. In fact I don't think it would work with the graflocks if you removed the GG, but I'm not sure about that. I don't have a camera with graflock back to try it on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all the help! Really appreciate it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On my Linhof Kardan Color 4x5 the Polaroid 405 holder (as well as the 550 for the 4x5 fuji packfilms) fits into the Graflock after removing the grondglass. I did not try yet to push it below the groundglass, because I do not want to force the spring back that wide open.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have any issues taking the back off, was just curious. Guess my only concern would be shifting the camera while doing all these things, but rechecking focus wouldn't be an issue, just would need to remember to do it - would just take some practice I guess, but when it comes to large format, practice is the name of the game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin