Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,636   Online: 908

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    another question, there is two super angulon f8 BGN on KEH, with significant price differences, one is technica the other is copal (which i believe means newer production), any other difference on them?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Technika lenses are supposedly specially selected by Linhof,
    implying that they perform better than standard Schneider lenses.

Whether that's actually true, or merely advertising hype, I don't know.

Copal is the name of the shutter.
    Other shutter manufacturers were Compur and Seiko.
    Copal is still in business. The other two are not.

- Leigh
    Last edited by Leigh B; 08-02-2012 at 12:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    The Technika lenses are supposedly specially selected by Linhof, implying that they perform better than standard Schneider lenses.

Whether that's actually true, or merely advertising hype, I don't know.

Copal is the name of the shutter. Other shutter manufacturers are/were Compur and Seiko.
    Copal is still in business. The other two are not.

- Leigh
    yes i mean because the other one is using copal shutter and price higher i concluded that it must be more younger production, while the technika lens has no shutter maker specified and cheaper.

of course if all is the same i would prefer the cheaper technica SA, but maybe if you or anyone can give me more insight on the difference?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daveandiputra View Post
    another question, there is two super angulon f8 BGN on KEH, with significant price differences, one is technica the other is copal (which i believe means newer production), any other difference on them?
    One may be coated the other Multicoated, however the coatings on Schneiders pre MC lenses are particularly good, I have 4 coated Super Angulons (65mm, 75mm, 90mm & 165mm) and they are all very flare resistant.

Also there's a few early 90mm f8 Super Angulons that come in the small Compur #00 shutter this is best avoided as it has no preview or T setting, it's not the best of shutters for frequent use. My 65mm f8 SA is in a Compur #00 and it's a Linhof select lens. Linhof and Compur (Deckel) had a common shareholder/founder.

Linhof were supplied batches of lens and returned any that failed their own tests, they can't be better than other Schneider lenses but there's less chance of one that's at the lower end of the quality control tolerances.

Ian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin