Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,534   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hey Dan, there is no found money here I'm working with little to no budget. I had my brother pick up the copy camera with two lenses for $60. He hasn't gotten my any precise detentions but he guessed the thing stands 4 foot tall 3 wide and 2 deep and weights in at close to 200lbs. All looking like a plus to me, except for the weight. I'll have to wait and see once I get it out here. As for adapting to a shutter I have a friend that works at a full service machine shop that is always willing to take craft beer in trade for machine time and a challenge.

Also I skimmed the article you shared and it looks like a lot of great info. I'll read it in full tonight. Thanks for passing it on!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nothing personal, but you've been corrupted. Those little lenses won't come close to covering the formats you want to shoot. That's why they're a distraction. I know, you can always change direction.

The camera's bellows might be usable for your project.

That you can get low cost machining is wonderful.

Good luck, have fun, do your homework,

Dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I see where your coming from now. Also I just got word that the bellows is 19.75 x 25.25 on the inside opening and has not light leaks! Plus fully functioning rail system, cog drive and ton of usable steel stock. So for sixty bucks I'll count it as a win.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    A 32" is a lens with 1.25 diopter or two +0.625 for better quality. A 40" lens is +1 diopter, or two +0.5. The field curvature would be wonderful, sharpness so-so unless stopped down, but you would not know until you tried. The Leitz 560mm telyt is an achromat, that means sharpness in center is doable with the right lens. You could start with a Canon 500D.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by yvnd:D View Post
    A 32" is a lens with 1.25 diopter or two +0.625 for better quality. A 40" lens is +1 diopter, or two +0.5. The field curvature would be wonderful, sharpness so-so unless stopped down, but you would not know until you tried. The Leitz 560mm telyt is an achromat, that means sharpness in center is doable with the right lens. You could start with a Canon 500D.
    Not sure how a 500D fits into build or lens discussion of a 20x20 wet plate camera, but I'll sleep on it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 25 inch Protar V should do it. Zeiss said it had a 46 inch image circle at small stops. However, f/18 and wet plate don't sound like they go together.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by yvnd:D View Post
    You could start with a Canon 500D.
    : For 60 you get a achromat with the best out of focus rendering available, with focal length of 500mm: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300725377063 . Place it behind the aperture, start with paper negative or ambrotype with a tiny aperture f32-f128. Look at others ambrotypes with menisc lenses www.google.no/search?q=ambrotype+meniscus push "Pictures"

Or try this:

http://www.re-inventedphotoequip.com/Site/Data.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Reinhold's longest won't cover 20x20, let alone 20x24, but perhaps he can make one long enough to serve.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hmmm this is a very interesting line of thought yvnd & John. I'll have to do some experimenting this weekend. I'm want to put together a basic cardboard mockup that will slide inside itself so I can test the copy lenses I already have.

Dan - I talked with Reinhold and he is working on a 1000mm FL lens for another client so I'll be following that closely. I am curios about the overall sharpness. I like the soft focus look on some images but the projects I have in mind call for a sharper image.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    hey matt

reinhold makes and supplies waterhouse stops for his lenses
    check out what the wollaston lenses are pretty sharp stopped down ..
    maybe if/when you ask him to make the lens, you can have him make
    your own personal set of stops ... like f6.8 or wideopen for soft,
    and f11 or 128 or 32 for sharp
    maybe he already makes custom waterhouse stops for people ..

have fun !
    john

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/9...-meniscus.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin