Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,852   Online: 955

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just returned from a 4000km round trip using my van as a camera shooting 24"x32" tintypes. I was using an 890mm Apo Nikkor that has a huge image circle at portrait distances and still covers 20x24 at infinity. I paid $350 for the lens.

You can see some of the plates on my blog if you're keen

http://craigtuffin.tumblr.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have 3 APO-Nikkor (process) barrel lenses which, according to Nikon product information, have huge image circles (never been close to make use of it!);
    APO-Nikkor f:9/360 mm, IC = 600mm
    APO-Nikkor f:9/480 mm, IC = 800mm,
    APO-Nikkor f:11/760mm, IC = 1170 mm.
    I use them together with a Sinar (Copal) behind the lens shutter, for 4"x5" to 8"x10" film format.
    I didn't pay a fortune for these lenses some years ago on eBay.
    /Bertil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bertil, you are much too trusting and and aren't thoughtful enough. Apo-Nikkors are narrow angle process lenses. Shorter ones (150 mm - 240 mm) just cover their focal lengths at infinity. Longer ones have less coverage.

The coverage figures you posted are for 1:1, are twice the lenses' coverage at infinity. See this: http://www.galerie-photo.com/apo-pro...ikkors-en.html .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin