Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,236   Online: 1094

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kalart rangefinder has a hole in it's head!

I just impulse bought a Baby Speed Graphic. Nice little camera but I want to use it like a 6x9 range finder. The range finder at one time had a focus-spot attachment on it, now it doesn't. Should I cover that opening with something and does that explain the almost total lack of contrast between the two images?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	760.8 KB 
ID:	54939
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's for the "Focuspot" accessory.

It's a little penlight that fit in the top and projects two light beams on the subject. Adjust focus until the two beams merge.

Or put a plastic plug in it to keep dust out.

Your lack of contrast may be due to a deteriorated semi-silvered mirror surface.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    Your lack of contrast may be due to a deteriorated semi-silvered mirror surface.
    Kind of what I was afraid of. I know it's an easy fix. I just don't want to have to do it.
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bunch of the Kalart's I've seen without the FocusSpot has a metal tab to block that hole attached via the screwhole while is open on your picture.

But a cheap report cover "gel" from any office supply store, or even the office section at Wal-greens and cut a piece to tape over the lower beamsplitter window. Will improve contrast a tad unless the beam splitter is totally shot.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a round plate with an ear for one screw made. Painted it black. Found a screw with the right thread and I was done.

No problems.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin