Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,032   Online: 788

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

reference guide todifferent types of old and large format lenses

I'm looking for a guide that describes the various types of lenses that were/are made for old antique cameras such as rapid rectilinear,doublets, triplets, Dagors, Goertz etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My main reason for doing this is that I have a large number of old Kodak and other manufacturer folding cameras and before I spend any serious money would it be possible to upgrade the current lenses to a better quality one to get a better quality neg and print.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are books. For one, Kingslake, A History of the Photographic Lens. For another, less comprehensive, Kingslake, Lenses in Photography.

And there is A Lens Collector's Vade Mecum, available on CD rom. It is offered occasionally on eBay, is sold by the person who posts on http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/ as ccharrison.

You want to put better lenses on old folders? If you have an oldie that allows focusing on the GG and easy lens interchange, use it with modern lenses. Otherwise get a newer camera, e.g., a press camera, that has those features.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin