Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,888   Online: 913

Shooter
    Multi Format

HELP!!! MY Grandagon 90/4.5 stuck on the shutter!!!

I just got my 'NEW' 2nd-hand Grandagon today, which is being mounted on a Sinar board. Fair enough. So I screw the front cell off the shutter. Simple. And then, when I do the rear cell, I felt some resistance come and go about three times and then it stuck there. So I use more force to screw this thing off. And there the rear cell goes off without its screw ring!!!!

The ring is STILL stuck on the shutte!!!

NOW NOW HOW COULD I GET THIS THING OFF!! AND MOUNT ON MY SPEED GRAPHIC!!?????

I THOUGHT RODENSTOCK COULD DO BETTER THAN THIS!!!

ANY COMMENTS WILL BE WELCOME. i AM NEW TO HERE AND NEW TO LF AS WELL. :P

MANY THANKS
    YING

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jesus, that doesn't sound good. Worst case, the (aluminium) threads galled and cold welded themselves together. Put some penetrant on, a tiny dot with a toothpick every 120 degrees and try gently to move the threads.

It isn't Rodenstock's fault.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Jesus, that doesn't sound good. Worst case, the (aluminium) threads galled and cold welded themselves together. Put some penetrant on, a tiny dot with a toothpick every 120 degrees and try gently to move the threads.

It isn't Rodenstock's fault.
    Thx, E.

Frankly, I dont have any tools. I really mean it. I don't even could find a proper screw driver... Anyrate, what kind of penetrant we are talking about??? I don't even see any gaps anywhere to begin with.... thats why I post for help...

I know its not R's fault. It very well being bended (remember I mention the resistances when I screw it off) in the thread that causing this...

I just being a bit frustrated as this lens is my OWN 3rd LF lens (but I used LF in uni for sometime). And how much hope I put into this lens, I even planning a holliday trip at the end of the month to play with it... *sign* life is truely full of the unexpected...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    DON"T SHOUT!

Screw it back together and demand your money back from the seller. "It was very well bended" indicates major damage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    DON"T SHOUT!

Screw it back together and demand your money back from the seller. "It was very well bended" indicates major damage.
    Thx! The seller agree to return the lens!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin