Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,674   Online: 742

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries

Lens repolishing recommendations please

Hello,

I have a 135mm Symmar that came to me years ago with a mass of tiny fine cleaning marks - I now have a nice newer old one, but would prefer to have the scratched on repolished rather than bin it - 135mm is my "standard" 5x4" landscape length

Who is a good lens re-polishing company?

Please PM me if you have any recommendations, as I can never find old posts of mine in the plethora of information on this site

John
    mail2@jbaphoto.com.au
    Last edited by John Austin; 08-11-2012 at 08:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No personal experience however may be a place to start. http://www.focalpointlens.com/fp_intro.html

Bill Barber

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I had Focal Point work on a Summarit of mine many years ago, and they did an outstanding job. The lens came back looking like new.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Focal Point did my Summicron-DR. The front and rear elements needed polishing. They did an exceptional job. The lens now has amazing resolution with restored contrast typical of a 'cron. I would certainly send another lens in need of polishing and re-coating to them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin