Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,515   Posts: 1,543,722   Online: 899

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John.. I havent checked KEh yet but i will tonight..

Polyglot.. I forget to mention that the camera has the normal bellows on it also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Im sure that i cant just put any shutter on the board (Copal 1- 2) so how can i tell what size the lens boards are?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good, having both bellows and bag bellows is awesome. How long are the normal bellows?

Measure the hole in the lens boards then look at this table to determine what shutter will fit.

You can get lensboards pretty cheaply on eBay ($5-$30) in whatever size you need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The recessed board is 1 3/8 inches and the flat board is 1 5/8 inches.. I stretched the bellows as far as i could and they measure 15.5 inches.. I guess that means i have a copal 0 and a copal 1?

Images
    It looks like one of the lens boards is a recessed board, use for wide angle lenses, 90mm and wider. A few more film holders, lenses and film and you are ready to go.

Brian

Images
    Oh yeah, don't forget a good stable tripod. These things are a bear to hand hold.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just put it together and I'm getting a bit over excited!!! I just put in a best offer on EBay for a Caltar II N 210mm and i have an expired box of Tri-x waiting for me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Make sure you have a good stout tripod to support the beast. Make sure the tripod can support at least double the weight of your camera with lens.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim17x View Post
    Im sure that i cant just put any shutter on the board (Copal 1- 2) so how can i tell what size the lens boards are?
    There is no Copal #2 shutter, only #0, #1, and #3.
    (There is a #00, smaller than the #0, very seldom encountered.)

Proper hole diameters for these are:
    #0 - 34.8mm
    #1 - 41.8mm
    #3 - 64.2mm

Note that the holes are larger than the major diameter of the shutter mounting thread, and properly so.
    The retaining ring has a lip at the rear (facing the lensboard). The mounting hole must be larger enough to clear that lip.

You may encounter shutters mounted incorrectly, in holes sized for the thread, with the ring reversed (lip on the outside).

Note that many other hole diameters were in common usage for other shutters. Sizes were not at all standardized.

- Leigh
    Last edited by Leigh B; 08-22-2012 at 06:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As of right now i only have an old Soligor Husky tripod, it seems to hold the camera rock solid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin