Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,521   Online: 1025

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4x5 entry...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Dude!!! If you don't take it... I WILL!! (and I need none of it... but the price is pretty amazing!)

And I call dibs on the drum dryer if you don't want it!
    Why is there SO MUCH good stuff in Texas? Can't some of it be in Iowa for a change?
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Dude!!! If you don't take it... I WILL!! (and I need none of it... but the price is pretty amazing!)

And I call dibs on the drum dryer if you don't want it!

I'll go pick it all up on Monday when I get back from Louisiana, and let y'all know what all is there. Seriously, it's a garage FULL of stuff, all of which was very well kept.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    One of the D2 enlargers should have multiple condenser sets for different sized negatives (inside the silver cylindrical part). Realistically, the 4x5 condenser (fills the whole silver cylinder) can be used for any size neg, but the enlarging time is longer. That one is either a DII or a D2. The second image confuses me. The D2V has a door that opens where you can adjust the condenser for different formats rather than switching out condensers. The drawer on the second enlarger looks more like a filter drawer.

The distortion correction device is pretty rare and worth around a $100 by itself. The Majestic tripod and head is also worth in the $100 range.

BTW - don't worry about the cost of film too much. You'll be a lot more particular about what you shoot and not shoot nearly as many frames.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

4x5 entry...

Thanks Mark. If you look in this photo there is a condenser glass in the right corner of the box on top of the turquoise book.. I have no idea how many condenser glass pieces he has. I didn't go through all the boxes of stuff.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351205703.382708.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	58909

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone know which model Speed Graphic the camera is?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Looks like a pre-Anniversary Speed Graphic, but I'll leave that to the experts. In the meantime, go check on Graflex.org to find a LOT more information about the camera.

The Uniroller base is meant for rotating print developing drums. I don't know if you got any with your kit or not, but basically it just sits on the table top. You put a drum on it that is loaded with paper, turn the base on so it starts rotating, then pour in your chemistry and let it run. You can use it to print color in room light so long as you have a dark place to load it, which you have to have by definition if you're printing color enlargements.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    Why is there SO MUCH good stuff in Texas? Can't some of it be in Iowa for a change?
    Texas is within walking distance.... Or you could drive across two states to get there

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That looks to be about the right size, but there should be something to hold it. Here is a page that shows a DII condenser set for med format negs.....they also have some other interesting bits about setting up and aligning the enlarger.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

4x5 entry...

Did I make a serious mistake?

I just picked up most of the stuff, and noticed that the film holders are 3.25x4.25. The lens works from bulb to 1/200th max, although I don't know how accurate it is.

He said its a 4x5, but I can't tell as the side plate is deteriorated.

Can a 4x5 shoot 3.25x4.25?

Also, what time of year does Ilford make 3.25x4.25 if this is what I'm stuck with?

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352405454.474546.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	59476

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352405505.555661.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	59477

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352405607.951291.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	59478

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Really know nothing about 3.25x4.25, but smaller film like 9x12 cm is fits into holders with the same measures as a 4x5".
    Try if a 4x5" film holder fits the camera.
    /Bertil

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin