Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,651   Online: 1098
      
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: 4x5 entry...

  1. #41
    Sirius Glass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    13,093
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Also, what time of year does Ilford make 3.25x4.25 if this is what I'm stuck with?
    The last day to order is some time in June.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

    I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

  2. #42
    Roger Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Suburbs of Atlanta, GA USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,857
    Just measure the ground glass. If it's 4x5, it's a 4x5 camera. If it's 3.25x4.25, it's a 3.25x4.25 camera. I wouldn't think those holders would fit a 4x5 back though. So if the holders fit, you have a 3.25x4.25 camera, aka quarter plate. Film will be cut by Ilford as part of their order. Freestyle still has Efke 100 in stock but of course that's going away. It's a hard film to find.

  3. #43
    ChristopherCoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Armpit of Texas
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,190
    Images
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Just measure the ground glass. If it's 4x5, it's a 4x5 camera. If it's 3.25x4.25, it's a 3.25x4.25 camera. I wouldn't think those holders would fit a 4x5 back though. So if the holders fit, you have a 3.25x4.25 camera, aka quarter plate. Film will be cut by Ilford as part of their order. Freestyle still has Efke 100 in stock but of course that's going away. It's a hard film to find.

    I cant take the back off to measure the ground glass. Although I now firmly believe its a 3.25x4.25, and I'm kinda having buyers remorse over it. I think I was smitten by the thought of that big ole negative, but honestly... how much would I actually shoot it. The Hasselblad barely gets enough exercise as it is.

  4. #44
    Roger Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Suburbs of Atlanta, GA USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,857
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I cant take the back off to measure the ground glass. Although I now firmly believe its a 3.25x4.25, and I'm kinda having buyers remorse over it. I think I was smitten by the thought of that big ole negative, but honestly... how much would I actually shoot it. The Hasselblad barely gets enough exercise as it is.
    You can measure the ground glass from the side you can see. I can see it in the photo. Just use a tape measure. The difference between 3.25x4.25 and 4x5 is easy to see and measure. Precision is not required.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    55
    or maybe cut a 3.25x4.25 cardboard or paper then try if its fit...


  6. #46
    ChristopherCoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Armpit of Texas
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,190
    Images
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    You can measure the ground glass from the side you can see. I can see it in the photo. Just use a tape measure. The difference between 3.25x4.25 and 4x5 is easy to see and measure. Precision is not required.
    Ok well now I'm thoroughly confused.

    I took a tape measure to the back. The ground glass is 4x5.

    But the film holders are 4x5

  7. #47
    ChristopherCoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Armpit of Texas
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,190
    Images
    28

    4x5 entry...

    Ok. It's the wrong size film holders.

    You can see in the first pic that there is a gap between the body and the camera. The bottom of the holder was flush with the bottom of the body.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352431394.552517.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	59492

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352431407.919436.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	59493

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352431419.413376.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	59494

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington, the state
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,099
    Images
    16
    Usually, 3-1/4 x 4-1/4 Anniversary Speed Graphics have that shutter speed plate on the top of the camera and 4 x 5 Speed Graphics have the plate on the side. Your camera looks like 4 x 5.
    Dave

    "She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

    It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

    From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin