Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,907   Online: 936

Shooter
    Medium Format

Wista VX long Lens Recomendations

Okay, scored a knock off of the Wista VX and a separate 90mm Super Angulon. Looking for a longer lens to use with the Wista VX as well, but am concerned that the 360mm f5.5 I have my eyes on, will be too heavy for the Wista VX. I'm also not sure if the bellows will be long enough, but I'm guessing bellows length has everything to do with macro or close up photography than anything else. I would however like to do some head shots at some point, so a good minimum focus distance has some baring.

I've never gone out and purchased a lens separately for a 4x5, so this is all kinda new to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Wista VX and have used the Tele-Xenar 360mm f:5.5. Mine was a very sharp lens and was not too heavy for the camera. The Wista is a very robust camera and had no problem with this lens. It will focus fairly close, but I never used it with portraits so can't really say. Others who have used it for portraits may chime in.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    How much bellows extension does the camera have? If it's a knock off we can't simply assume that it's the same as a wista.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin