Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,083   Online: 985

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Instant 4x5 film

I am very new to 4x5 photography, i intend to use sheet film, but currently I am in another country and would like to take pictures of family while I am here. I would love to be able to use instamatic film. How would one go about this? I have recently acquired a Toyo-view 4x5 with 4 double dark slides.

Do i need a poloroid back? I appreciate the only feasible 4x5 instamatic film would be fuji, B&W is preferable.

I'm in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Thanks in advance

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    (This is a frequently asked question)

What you need is a Fuji PA-145 or Polaroid 405 film holder. These take the smaller pack Fuji Instax film, which is widely available.

That's all you have for instant film choice these days. The Fuji PA-45 and Polaroid 550 holders are for the now-discontinued 4x5 pack film. The 545 holder is for the Polaroid sheet film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    (This is a frequently asked question)

What you need is a Fuji PA-145 or Polaroid 405 film holder. These take the smaller pack Fuji Instax film, which is widely available.

That's all you have for instant film choice these days. The Fuji PA-45 and Polaroid 550 holders are for the now-discontinued 4x5 pack film. The 545 holder is for the Polaroid sheet film.
    Thanks for the clarification

P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe Instax film can only be used in Instax cameras since it's an integral film and shoots up through the top of the camera. The PA 145 takes FP100 films (bw or colour). These films are a bit smaller than 4x5 however. Afaik, Fuji FP100045c is no longer available anywhere I've looked (B&H or Freestyle).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin