Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,907   Online: 1168

Shooter
    Multi Format

lens shade for toko 4x5 field camera

Im getting a lot of solar flares on my negatives when I use my super angulon 90mm on my toko 4x5 field camera. Could anyone suggest a lens shade that would work with field cameras of this style. (its similar to the toyo 4x5 and almost an identical copy of the NAGAOKA 4x5 field cameras). Many thanks in advance!
    Last edited by chernobylda; 09-04-2012 at 11:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could use the darkslide (that's what I do).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about this weird and wonderful (and functional!) gizmo from BadgerGraphic?

http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/c..._detail&p=1613
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Badger Graphic device is perfect if a bit pricey. Chernobylda, any lens shade designed for the 90 should work, but I expect you want to leave it on the lens when you collapse the camera, yes?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You need a few of these:

Adorama has them as should B&H. Search for "multi clip," they're about $8.

You clip one part to some part of your camera and the other clip holds a piece of coroplast, or a darkslide. I have all kinds of options at work for cutting light off the lens and 90% of the time I just use one or two of these. They're even better if you prepare a couple pieces of coroplast by threading some heavy copper or aluminum wire through the corrugations at 2 or 3 places. That lets you bend the coroplast and have it stay put in addition to placing it where you want it in the double clip.
    Last edited by PanaDP; 09-05-2012 at 01:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PanaDP View Post
    You need a few of these:

Adorama has them as should B&H. Search for "multi clip," they're about $8.

You clip one part to some part of your camera and the other clip holds a piece of coroplast, or a darkslide. I have all kinds of options at work for cutting light off the lens and 90% of the time I just use one or two of these. They're even better if you prepare a couple pieces of coroplast by threading some heavy copper or aluminum wire through the corrugations at 2 or 3 places. That lets you bend the coroplast and have it stay put in addition to placing it where you want it in the double clip.
    Know what, I think my school has some of these sitting around somewhere. I never had any idea what they were for, as I am the last LF format photographer in the program and much of the equipment just gets misplaced and ends up sitting in a desk or a closet doing nothing. Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin