Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,713   Online: 902

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I were you I'd make a modest offer and buy it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The photos show a camera in much better condition than I had imagined based upon the description. Camera should clean up very nicely. Enjoy!
    Last edited by BradS; 09-25-2012 at 12:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks o.k. to me. My speed Graphic is in much worse condition (and still works*).

(* although it doesn't have a focal plane shutter any more, or a rangefinder!).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks everyone! I got it all apart this morning. I started cleaning around noon. Slow and tedious. Great news!! I took the lens apart and the fungus came right off and had not even etched the glass. I tested shutter speeds by ear which is not accurate of course but they seem pretty good too. I'm already hooked. Of course, it looks like rain right now so I hope some UV light is still getting through. I've got the 120 back and lens cleaned so far. I'm just very meticulous so it will be a while to get it all cleaned.

@Peter Simpson: I uploaded that Polaroid photo because I thought it was really cool too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your hooked

It's a good starter in LF so enjoy oit, and use it .

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 5050chance View Post
    I tested shutter speeds by ear which is not accurate of course but they seem pretty good too.
    If one second seems about right and it does not hesitate (i.e. continuous mechanical sound) then the rest of the speeds are usually o.k.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pacemaker 4x5, decent shape, hope the rails aren't cracked. Get some film holders and a couple sheets of paper. The shutter will need to be cleaned and adjusted... Look for pin holes in the bellows.

Nice camera, keep looking for good examples of other lens, fuji 150 6.3 is a good one for that camera.

Best of luck,

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin