Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,237   Online: 853

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of these http://www.ebay.com/dsc/Cameras-Phot...&_odkw=parvola three? The ones with the anastigmats look pretty scruffy, the one with the Tessar has a 75/2.8, not a 70. I've always viewed f/2.8 Tessars as iffy but the VM says late ones are ok, also that some Ihagee Anastigmats are tessar types. Can't tell what the ones in the listings are from the images.

IMO, unless you want a display camera, you'll regret whichever you buy. If you want a display camera, spring for prettiest. IMO that's the one with the fast Tessar.

Not that it matters much, but why did you ask in the LF section? 3x4 is on the small side of medium format.

Shooter
    Large Format
    if you want to use the camera
    get the one you think is the user
    and don't worry about the lens
    it is the least of your worries buying
    a 70y/o camera ...
    stopped down i am sure they are both nice

if you are going to showcase it
    its a nobrainer, get the nice one
    if it is for both reasons,
    get a beater/ user
    beaters have character, babied cameras,
    well, they just look nice ...

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    jnanian: Thanks for the sobering advice. I'll skip them all and save my money to get a REAL camera !!!. I don't know what got into me. I think it was a passing episode of G.A.S.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Not that it matters much, but why did you ask in the LF section? 3x4 is on the small side of medium format.
    Excuuuuse Meeee Mr. Fromm... My 3x4s are distinctly LF. Use LF film, use LF processing methods, use LF negative holders in the enlarger.

I do beg your pardon SIR!

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tim, for you, 3x4 means 3.25" x 4.25". Upper end of MF, according to the people who think that 4" x 5" is the smallest LF format.

The Ihagee Parvola shoots nominal 30 x 40 mm on 127 film. You can look it up.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolman View Post
    jnanian: Thanks for the sobering advice. I'll skip them all and save my money to get a REAL camera !!!. I don't know what got into me. I think it was a passing episode of G.A.S.

Doug
    hey doug

i love street shooting with a graflex slr. if you have your heart set on 3.5x4.5, you can find
    a graflex and a bag mag ( if you want to shoot sheets ) or a roll film back and be good to go.
    graflexes focus without a zone focus system, and take barrel lenses ( integral fp shutter, sometimes is ezpz to repair )
    so you can pick and choose whatever lens you want from super new+sharp to old and fluffy. besides if someone attacks you for stealing their soul on the street, you can't do much with a folder, with a graflex you can swing it
    and clobber them, like tim conway, ruth buzzy or carol brunette!
    ( someone always seems to be selling a graflex slr here on apug in the format you are looking to get into )

SNIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Tim, for you, 3x4 means 3.25" x 4.25". Upper end of MF, according to the people who think that 4" x 5" is the smallest LF format.

yeah there are people on the LF site who are crazy like that ...
    thinking that 4x5 is the smallest of the large format,
    but free thinkers know better

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    jnanian: Actually I was referring to 3x4 cm on 127 film but your advice from post #12 opened my eyes and helped dissipate any lingering effects of G.A.S. I already have a 2x3 speed graphic and I;ve almost had to use it as a defensive weapon but quick talking and a passing police car solved that situation.

Thanks,

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But you do need another camera......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    a lot depends on how you use the camera yourself -- I bought a 127 folder a while back that was alleged to have the softer of possible lenses on it, a schneider something, instead of the preferred sharper tessar, but I found the images to be nicely sharp and very pleasing.

try out any camera, get the one that gives you the images you want.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    To E. von Hoegh some think you can never have enough cameras. I used to be like that. What I am trying to do is upgrade and reduce the number of cameras I have and use. If I get the Parvola, I'll be getting rid of a Kodak Nagel Vollenda 127 folder and the bellows it has. I'm trying to replace cameras that I have with bellows with ones that do not.

summicron1 that is what I'm also trying to accomplish. But that darn G.A.S. keeps getting involved. I think I've found a cure. I'll let you know if it works.

Doug

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin