Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,084   Online: 785

Shooter
    Large Format

6x7 120 back for shen hao HZX 4X5-IIA?

Hi,

I'm looking for a 6x7 roll film back for shen hao HZX 4X5-IIA.
    I was looking at a horseman 6x7 120 and a calumet 6x7 120 on ebay but not sure which one would work on my shen hao.
    Are there any other backs other than these two? Also do I need some kind of adapter?
    Thanks,

Shooter
    Large Format
    The hzx has a graflok type back. The horseman roll film holder that is intended to work with 4x5 cameras with a graflok (aka international standard) back will work perfectly with you camera. You focus, remove the focuspanel and attach the rollfilm holder. That's what thoselittle sliderthings on the back are for.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks! I decided to go on a short a few day road trip( by car) with my shen hao and thinking of shooting handheld with a 6x7 120 film back without a tripod. (will use a tripod with 4x5 film) I'm not sure if it would work...Are there any good/cheap 6x7 optical viewfinder for this purpose? Am I able to take the same frame as I see through the viewfinder?
    Last edited by rustyair; 09-27-2012 at 11:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    How are you going to hand hold the HZX?
    How will you focus? You'd need three or four hands to perform the proceedure described above with out a tripod....

Honestly shooting LF hand held is a blast but, for the money, you'd be much better off getting a Crown Graphic with a well calibrated range finder.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    How will you focus? You'd need three or four hands to perform the proceedure described above with out a tripod....

Honestly shooting LF hand held is a blast but, for the money, you'd be much better off getting a Crown Graphic with a well calibrated range finder.
    I've done handheld HZX 4x5 film because I just could get the perfect angle on my tripod. It came out pretty good and my camera will be in my car most of the time so heaviness shouldn't be a problem. The focus is a problem but I 'might' get away with it with a right viewfinder and a few practice of distance and using something like f22 with high iso film. Of course it's not intended for flowers....Maybe it won't work...Just an idea. I sold my mamiya 7 a month ago and I have plenty of 120 films left.
    Last edited by rustyair; 09-27-2012 at 12:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post

And calibrate it to rb67 backs (they are slightly different from Graphics backs). They are much better and flatter backs than the old Graphic/Singer backs.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin