Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,813   Online: 736

Shooter
    Multi Format

Technika IV Wide Angle Adapter Movements...

So, I'm torn between the Master Technika and the Technika IV... Namely, I have the opportunity to buy a Technika IV in good condition with the wide angle adapter bed. My only apprehension lies in the movements that the IV will be able to accomodate without the flip-top. I know I'm not going to be getting much movement out of my Nikkor 65mm f/4.5 anyway, but I'd like to take all I can get.

How much rise/fall/shift/tilt will I be able to get out of a Technika IV with a 65mm on the wide angle bed? How much more will the Master/wide angle bed setup permit? I'm thinking of going for a 47mm XL at some point, which makes the included WA bed even more enticing... Also, does the reflex viewer for the master fit on the IV?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wide angle adapter bed for a STIV?? I've never heard of such a thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format

joh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I don't think that you can get any rise at all with the IV and the wide angel adapter....rhe rise mechanic at the IV is a small wheel behind the front standard and I think it's impossible to reach it with a 65mm. The Master has a lever in front of the standard, so you should have no problems. You need something to focus the 65mm easily on a technika. I'm thinking of buying a focusing lensboard for mine.....
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/270823946660?...84.m1436.l2649

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, if you plan to use WA lenses get a later model, better yet get a monorail with bag bellows. The STIV on feebay with the red stuff on it is overpriced by about $800 or more. For $2000 you can find an unbutchered IV with a few lenses and a grip. I wouldn't touch it at any price.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 10-06-2012 at 10:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found a Technikardan for a little over $2000. Glad I finally came to my senses.... I really am a monorail type of person.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin