Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,495   Online: 674

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vade Mecum App

Shooter
    Large Format Pan

Vade Mecum App

I have found Bob Wheelers Vade Mecum to be one the most useful tool I have in my bag for my photography. As we all know does not exist a version for the iphone / android phones etc. What I am proposing is a colabaration of individuals interested in seeing Bob's great program sponsor a reputable programmer to port Vade Mecum to these modern devices. I'm not certain about the legal detail and there is always money involved. However if the port can be done and there is a minimal cost then perhaps Bob could receive some royalty for his program. If only I were a programmer! Anyway what do you think.

Larry

Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

What is that app made for ?

I google it but didn't find yoo much info about it execpt that it works on HP48.

ther is an emulator called Droid48 which is very good. I am using it on my android device, it's the perfect calculator.

I believe you can use it to run your software vade mecum.

++
    All the best,
    Rom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been using Vade Mecum for about 11 years or so. I have not, as yet, ever had to use all of this software's abilities. What I can say, however, I that I wish I had had Vade Mecum installed on my Palm Pilot when I was a 'working stiff' before retirement. I cannot guess the hours I spent calculating bellows extension exposures with a stubby pencil and a scrap of paper. These days, I check that that my Palm Pilot's batteries are 'full' just as readily as I check that my film holders are loaded.... and my light meter is 'in the bag'.

If Bob's 'Vade Mecum' is 'ported' to the iPhone, I'll be the first customer.

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find it rather strange there is not a bellows extension app for smart phones too, talk about a logical move.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I find it rather strange there is not a bellows extension app for smart phones too, talk about a logical move.
    I was wishing for one today while out shooting, too. I'm not experienced enough, yet, to make truly reasoned guesses and need something I can use quickly.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Vade Mecum App

Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    The Reciprocity Timer app for the iPhone / iPad has bellows extension calculator.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    The Reciprocity Timer app for the iPhone / iPad has bellows extension calculator.

Roger
    Wow, great App!

Thanks!!
    Last edited by PKM-25; 10-12-2012 at 04:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post

Roger
    Yes, that's a useful feature of that app, plus the filter factors.
    However users should be careful of the reciprocity times given by the app. The Tri-X times are the same as Tmax and are different to those given by Kodak.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Neither have I used all of it's features. But, I'm sure you will agree, it's packed with features and what you do use, you like. Love to see this on something else.

Larry

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Vade Mecum is a pretty feature rich program for the HP and palm held organizers of the day. It shines at doing large format photog calculations. Nearly all of them! I'd be surprised if anyone uses them all but if you want, they are there. It is in my opinion a marvelous program and I use it almost to the exclusion of anything else.

Larry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin