Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,640   Online: 1110

Shooter
    Multi Format

Readyloads, Quickloads, and backs, help this noobie out.

One of our photo teachers yesterday gave out some free film out of his old stock. i managed to snag a couple quickloads and 3 boxes of the double side readyloads. Im estatic! I know they don't make either anymore but at least i can have fun with what i got. SO i have a old polaroid 500 back and maybe a 545 tucked away somewhere. i know that you can use them in it but there maybe some focusing issues? Also i think you can use quickloads in kodaks back but not the other way around. anybody have experience with this? Thanks in advance!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Several years ago I used some Fujichrome readyloads with a 545 back with no problems; focusing as I would with film holders. I focused on the groundglass. They weren't double side. I generally stop down so if there was a focusing issue it wasn't obvious to me. The images were very sharp.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

I think you can use the Fuji Quickloads in a Polaroid holder, but I don't think the Kodak double-sided Readyloads work. If you search this forum, I know there were threads about this subject a few years back.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The 545 holder is superior to either the Kodak or Fuji official holders, and will work with either brand
    sleeve. It has some heavy redundant rollers in there that can simply be removed if you carefully plug
    any leftover screwholes with black cement. Individual holders vary one from another in how flat they
    hold the film. None are pefect, but in general do not have a hard out-of-focus bend at the insertion
    edge like the official holders. When you pull a sleeve free, hold it up against something bright with a
    straight line, like a rectangular bank of fluorescent room lights, and study the waviness in the
    refleced image on the shiny film emulsion. That tells you a lot about the flatness of the film plane.
    The demise of this system is really sad, though for a horrendous price you can still find Quickload
    film in Japan and misc odds n' ends of Kodak Readyloads opportunistically here.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyg View Post
    Several years ago I used some Fujichrome readyloads with a 545 back with no problems; focusing as I would with film holders. I focused on the groundglass. They weren't double side. I generally stop down so if there was a focusing issue it wasn't obvious to me. The images were very sharp.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/
    The 545 holder I have works fine with the double sided Readyloads. I have seen no focus issues with this combination. I have the newer 545 (the one with the built in timer).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the help guys. ill try some out soon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin