Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,685   Online: 763

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

135mm on a Deardorf V8

Inneresting experiment this afternoon (plant shutdown gives me lots of time).

Mounted a Fujinon 135 5.6 W lens on a Deardorff lens board. Could not focus to infinity.

Must use a recessed board or not at all. Coverage looked like it would barely handle 5x7 but not 8x10.

Anyone else with this experience and how did you solve the focus issue?

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Coverage of the Fukinon 135 5.6 W is just 245mm so it should not cover 8x10. If you want something short for 8x10 you could consider the Nikkor 120/8.

A recessed lens board is the way to go as you have already found out (or shooting close-ups).
    Good luck.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You should be able to focus that lens easy without any special board

not my image.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Inneresting experiment this afternoon (plant shutdown gives me lots of time).

Mounted a Fujinon 135 5.6 W lens on a Deardorff lens board. Could not focus to infinity.

Must use a recessed board or not at all. Coverage looked like it would barely handle 5x7 but not 8x10.

Anyone else with this experience and how did you solve the focus issue?

tim in san jose
    I use the Fujinon SW 125 on 8x10. I crop the corners a little when printing and it works pretty well.
    I'm not sure about the Deardorff, but on a "Phillips Style" camera, the back can be moved up closer to the front standard and it will focus OK. I also have the bag bellows, but since no movements are available with this lens, it is not any better than the standard bellows.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    You should be able to focus that lens easy without any special board

not my image.
    A pitcher is worth a thousand woids.

I had the front standard straight up and down. The issue is with the gear drive pieces hitting each other. Now I see how you have the standard tilted back allowing more room assuming you don't get the supports in the image. I'll try that tonight.

Duh!

tim in sanjose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin