Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,645   Online: 717

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Middleton View Post
    E,

I seem to remember on my FS V8 (ca. 1954) there is a carbon steel bracket that the front standard bracket is mounted onto, and that has some surface rust.

As it is about 7 time zones away, I am unable to examine it and describe it more accurately...

Len
    Based on the date, yours is a front-swing model. The front swing mechanism on mine, and yours, is all stainless steel - which isn't to say SS wil not rust, it will under the right conditions. Mine is #553, which makes it the 54th made with front swings.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I should have been clearer in my description, in that ...on my FS V8... I should have said Front Swing, rather than abbreviate it to FS

Serial number is 2578

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Middleton View Post
    I should have been clearer in my description, in that ...on my FS V8... I should have said Front Swing, rather than abbreviate it to FS

Serial number is 2578
    My mistake, I apparently read right past the "FS". I think that number is later than '54, though. I don't know of an online serial # list - Jack Deardorff dated mine as September 1950, sold to the Eastman Kodak store in Chicago. The highest serial # I've seen was in the 7,000 range and made sometime in the late 70s/ early 80s.

Edit - Deardorff historical info. http://deardorffcameras.0catch.com/Details.htm

Shooter
    Large Format
    E,

I have the link, as Ken dated it for me, and I seem to remember the camera and I are around the same age, although I am slightly older than the camera.

But then my memory is sometimes faulty what with being older than a Deardorff and killing off more than a few gray cells over the years with good single malt...

Len

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin