Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,783   Online: 1213

Shooter
    35mm

Anyone using a Dallmeyer 16 inch f6.3 Perfac lens?

How have you mounted it and how can it be used with a shutter? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They aren't common. I've never seen one, let alone had one.

But I can calculate, see two possibilities. Two shutters (Ilex #5, Compound #5) have diaphragms that open wide enough for the lens to reach full aperture mounted in one. Of the two, the Ilex is easier to find. It might be possible to have adapters made to hold the cells in either. Expensive, though. The alternative is to have an adapter made to hold one of the shutters in front of the lens. Mounting it will require a flange, a board, and perhaps a crutch to support the lens.

I don't know where you're located. If you're in the US, discuss with www.skgrimes.com.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, Dan. I've managed to pick up one of these lenses and just today I had the flange mounted to a Sinar lens board by a local engineer so I should be all set to be able to use this with my Sinar shutter. When it stops raining I'll try to make a test shot with it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin