Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 695

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stephanie has it...

Take another sheet from the same package and perform a snip test. Cut off the corner from a sheet exposed to room light, then drop it into developer from the same batch used on your blank sheets. See if it darkens to rule out the film and that specific developer.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also, you did remember to pull the darkslide before releasing the shutter, right? And the darkslide you pulled was from the side of the holder facing the lens and not facing the groundglass? And there was no rear lens cap still in place? And the film was loaded into the holders emulsion side facing out?

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 11-02-2012 at 11:15 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: An iterative post, this is...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Also, you did remember to pull the darkslide before releasing the shutter, right?

Ken
    Ah, the things I forgot when I was starting...

This, and accidentally leaving the shutter on T. Lots of completely blank or completely black film.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah. I'll 'fess up to having missed both of those before. And in 8x10 no less.

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ouch.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

dsk
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    it turned black guess my strobes/ shutter aren't getting along stupid me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    ken I have been loading them one at a time i swear i think theres a problem with the film it makes NO sense does film ever go out uncoated? like has that in history ever happend haha
    Just to make sure all of your questions are answered...

There are no film markings already present on sheet film like there are on roll film. It's just a cut sheet. The only identifying marks are those small cutouts present in the sheet itself on one edge. Those cutouts serve two purposes. First, the pattern they form is unique to each film type. This is so you can identify what type of film you have in your hand while in total darkness. And second, the cutouts are oriented such that if you hold the sheet in your right hand with the cutouts in the upper right-hand corner (usually under your right index finger tip), then the emulsion side of the sheet will be facing you directly. This aids you in orienting the film during loading into the holder. The emulsion side should be facing out of the holder.

Regarding the possibility of uncoated sheets, that's virtually a zero possibility. Because sheets are cut from very large master rolls, if yours was uncoated, then likely so would hundreds or thousands of others also be uncoated. And if that were the case there would have been a very large recall that all would have known about. You would have lots of company. And the coating line engineers would have all likely been fired. It would be as if hundreds of automobiles had left the assembly line without any wheels—and not a single person noticed.

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stupid? Hardly...

See both Stephanie's and my confessions above. There are absolutely NO errors or mistakes you could make—or even dream up in your worst nightmares—that everyone else here has not already made. And if they say they haven't made them, they're lying.

Better luck next try...

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does yur shutter have a X-M switch? If so, then X.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Stupid? Hardly...

See both Stephanie's and my confessions above. There are absolutely NO errors or mistakes you could make—or even dream up in your worst nightmares—that everyone else here has not already made. And if they say they haven't made them, they're lying.

Better luck next try...

Ken
    Amen!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin