Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,564   Online: 884

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    dsk
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

blank fp4 4x5 totally at a loss for an explanation

i feel like im going insane I have shot 4 different shots from this pack of fp4 developed it in 3 different developers no lettering nothing on these sheets im totally lost as to what could be happening I have tried everything any advice? is it at all possible they forgot to coat it or something!? this is perfectly fresh film too tested the shutter EVERYTHING film is 100% clear

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you mistakenly switch your developer solution with your fixer solution? It does happen...

Stick your fingers into your presumed developer. If they do not come out slippery like soap, it's probably not the developer.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

dsk
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    that was my first thought but no i tried it a few different ways xtol d76 rodinal tried everything even fresh chems

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Did you close the viewing shutter before taking the shots?

Kent in SD

dsk
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yes i was using strobes at 1/30th with a copal #1 shutter its firing perfectly fine i mean theres no film identifier or anything its totally clear out of the fixer! its unreal this is the 4th frame from this box completely blank

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What camera are you using?

If it's blank, it's pointing to unexposed film. Leave a sheet out in light and then develop it. That will tell you if it's something you're doing or the film itself.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

dsk
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    older calumet 4x5 with a komura 210-6.3 in copal #1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In order to be completely blank the sheet must have received no light at all, then been fixed out entirely during processing.

Did you develop sheets from the wrong (unexposed) film holders? Or confuse them in another possible way?

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

dsk
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ken I have been loading them one at a time i swear i think theres a problem with the film it makes NO sense does film ever go out uncoated? like has that in history ever happend haha

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Do the test. Take a sheet and expose it to light. Develop normally. If it's completely black, it's fine and you're forgetting something. If it's not, something is going on with the film.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin