Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,425   Online: 927

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Wow. That WP guy is a beauty...

Ken
    Yeah. Putting that one out here is probably in my best interest. It's GORGEOUS. If sourcing film holders, not to mention film, wasn't so hard...

Is that an early version of a bail back or what? It's...different, that's for sure.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stephanie, I used a Conley 5x7 for years and passed it on to a friend when I got my Rittreck. He is doing beautiful work with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, sourcing film isn't so bad. Simon and everyone at Ilford will cover you for that with their yearly ULF film extravaganza. But the holders might be a different story. I've never looked for WP accessories before, and I haven't seen too many offered anywhere either.

That bail back is interesting. It looks like only half a top and bottom spring each. At least compared against what I'm used to with my C1. But it does look workable—and working—in the photos. There must be someone here who knows more about this particular camera than I do.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 11-05-2012 at 06:08 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: More spelling, yikes...
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hey steph

look for an old ansco 5x7 studio camera
    they are built like a tank and can be bought
    for not too much $$ ( on eboink ) .
    they are usually built like a tank.
    if you plan on using old large portrait lenses
    you might consider as others have suggested
    the next format up. the lensboards are BIGGER
    so they can handle the 14" lenses more easily.

have fun with your project/s !

how did the singer sewing machine factory
    project you did a while back go ?

5x7 is a great format, have fun !
    john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    35mm
    Stephanie,

Not my listing and I know nothing about LF but Jeff Bannow has a Agfa Ansco 8X10 for sale in Classifieds.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I know. I can't buy now, but I wanted to do research and make sure that I can get what I want at the budget I'll have. Heh.

I also batted the idea of a new camera around, but discounted that because the money I save can be used toward film. Film is more important to me at this point than a cosmetically perfect camera. Heh.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Of the cameras you mentioned, the gundlach koronas are often the prettiest but also seem to be the least sturdy. The kodaks are remarkable things. Very sturdy for being as old as they are. If I were looking for that style camera, I'd think about a century (I think that's the one) because of the front tilt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd rather be shooting images with 4x5 than worrying about a camera I can't quite afford that uses film I can't easily find. Come to think of it, I'd rather be shooting 120...

Just saying.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For now, the Burke will work. I like it, really, accept for the flimsiness of the focus. Since the back moves to focus instead of the front, it's extremely easy to knock it out of focus by doing something as simple as putting a film holder in. While it is fixed with clamps to prevent the focus from moving while doing this, I look forward to the day when I won't have to do it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Stephanie,

No sure where in IA but I have a Noba 5x7 with a 4x5 rotating reducing back and 5x7 back with a sliding attachment to take two portraits on a single sheet of film. It also has a full studio stand. I bought it for the lens attached and I already have a Century Studio--I got the look when it came in the house. The camera is actually a beauty. Every movement you could think of and the stand works wonderfully. The bellows is taped but fully functional. It also has (and this is a really nice feature) a packard shutter with both instantaneous and bulb settings flash synched! You could mount anything from a 4" diameter barrel lens to a pinhole on it with flash. Travel through IA is frequent and depending on where you are, delivery is possible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0174.jpg   DSC_0176.jpg  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin