Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,690   Online: 772

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have not purchased any new films for some time. I still have a section of my freezer with a bunch of films, some expired too. I'll look to see what the current market is.
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Red... I haven't bought film for a while too. (My fridge still has enough to kep me going for a while, except for 35mm C-41). I'd check both B&H and Freestyle and then decide who you'd rather do business with. I don't think there are enough options available to do to much "shopping around". For film that has been cancelled, ebay is about the only option. The nice thing about that is that there is enough information available to see the price trend. I'm still shooting PlusX 120 and after seeing some of the recent trends I think I've finally been priced out of that market.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Where are you getting $10 a roll for film???? Certainly not on the B&H website -

Kodak Ektar 100 is $4.60/roll for 120 and $5.25/roll for 35mm. Even Portra 800 is only $7.59/roll in 120.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...524+4291384683

Ilford Delta 100 is $4.19/roll in 120, $5.69/roll for 35mm. FP4+ is $4.25/roll in 120, $5.75 for 35mm.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...524+4291407242

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    For pro films, 35mm costs about $10 to $20, 120/60mm costs about the same. Sheet film costs about $5/shoot. How about 5"x7" and 8"x10" and the larger ones? I figure the prices dump pretty quickly since they are really special films and not so many make them any more....

Here I'm talking about either BW or color negatives.
    black and white large format films vary in price from less than 1$ / sheet to a few dollars a sheet depending
    on the format and the brand. kodak tmy/tmx is pricy but it is very good, ilford is very good too, but not as expensive
    and european films are good, and even less expensive ... it all depends what you like, what you want and what you can afford.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is mainly my impression, mainly from eBay. I think some are over-priced.
    It is good to know that films are still affordable. I hope that will continue for some time and a long time....
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting thread. My black and white 4x5 film is anywhere from $1.10 a sheet shipped for Ilford Delta 100 to $1.80 a sheet shipped for TMY. Processing costs me between .07-.20 a sheet depending on chemistry type and dillution, Xtol, HC-110 and Rodinal being less than .15 cents a sheet on average when stop bath and fixer are considered.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that I never go over $2.00 a sheet for black and white 4x5....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I didn't know there was anthing even resembling an "average" price. It's all over the map, depending
    on what you specifically need. And personally, I've never found bargain film to end up being a bargain
    unless it has exactly the characteristics you need. Large format is especially uneconomical if you
    end up wasting shots. But sometimes I have gotten good deals on out-of-date cold-stored film, esp
    just for experimenting if the price was tempting enough (that is, cheap enough to actually gamble with). And I'm sure glad my freezer is well stocked with 8x10 film purchased at about half the price
    of the going rate at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin