Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,310   Online: 1065

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

What the Average Prices of the LF Films?

For pro films, 35mm costs about $10 to $20, 120/60mm costs about the same. Sheet film costs about $5/shoot. How about 5"x7" and 8"x10" and the larger ones? I figure the prices dump pretty quickly since they are really special films and not so many make them any more....

Here I'm talking about either BW or color negatives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you talking about just the cost of the film or film and processing? For fresh film, check out B&H's prices with shipping and divide by the number of sheets.

Kodak Ektar 100 is about $2.65 a sheet and HP5 is about $1.14 per sheet on a 100 sheet box. Processing is a whole other thing that can be all over the place. I process my own film so can't really give you a good idea as to how much you would have to pay for processing.

Are you just starting out in LF? If you are you will soon find out the the film is the cheapest part of the addiction

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    For Black and White, I spend $2.50 to $3.00 a roll for 120 film and processing, $1.00 a shot for 4x5 and a quarter more or so for 5x7, so I am not sure where you get your figures.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Film cost only. It varies with other costs since everyone has different setup. I already stocked chemicals for years (they can go bad), so I do not have other important running cost.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Searust View Post
    For Black and White, I spend $2.50 to $3.00 a roll for 120 film and processing, $1.00 a shot for 4x5 and a quarter more or so for 5x7, so I am not sure where you get your figures.
    I do not know where you get all the low cost numbers. I was talking about fresh roll films, both 35mm and 120/60mm. Not talking about expired, or cut from bulk roll film.

You can check eBay or B&H. Fresh films are not cheap.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I use Efke and Arista film --- You may want to check prices at Freestyle.

My development costs run about 30 cents a roll or for 4 sheets of LF film.

But let's talk expensive film-- Ilford 120 at Freestyle is $4.29--- so developed will be $4.60 and Ilford HP5 4x5 is $1.33 apiece so developed will be $1.45 per shot...
    Last edited by Jeff Searust; 11-08-2012 at 01:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    I do not know where you get all the low cost numbers. I was talking about fresh roll films, both 35mm and 120/60mm. Not talking about expired, or cut from bulk roll film.

You can check eBay or B&H. Fresh films are not cheap.
    http://freestylephoto.biz

NEVER buy film from Ebay. Never. None of it is a good deal anymore.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just ordered 50 sheets of 4x5 HP5+ from Midwest Photo, over Amazon. The total price, including shipping, was $69. That works out to $1.38 per sheet. When I ordered from Badger Graphics last month, it was $61.63 for 50 sheets, shipping counted, which comes out to about $1.24 per shot. I got 50 sheets of FP4+ from B&H for the same price as the Badger Graphics, but the shipping was $2.00 more, which adds $.04 to the per sheet cost.

I buy my 120 locally, and all the Ilford films I can get run about 6 Euros each, or about $8.00, which comes out to about $.67 per shot.

The Kodak color 4x5 runs about $3.50 and up per shot, and come in 10 shot boxes via B&H and Amazon.

I hope this is what you're looking for!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    go to b&h and look at their film. average prices. just about anyone who sells roll film also sells sheets so just look it up.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    By the way, the Kodak Ektar 100 expires 06/2014, 1 HP5+ expires 12/2014, and all the rest expire 10/2015. So I think you'll find some good stuff from any of these companies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin