Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,526   Online: 1372

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

14 inch Schneider Dagor Gold Dot f:8 - Any Help on Value?

I have a single coated, 14 inch Schneider Dagor Gold Dot f:8 lens in a Copal #3 shutter. The serial number is in the 2xxxxxx's and as I understand this means it is a single coat 1st or 2nd generation, the final being multi-coated.

It's in perfect shape and I am wondering what value I can place on it. Any help appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well one sold on Ebay yesterday in Canada for $1,247.22 and it's SN was 2001986. The seller claimed it was multi-coated.

These prices fluctuate there's only a small pool of buyers and it depends how many are looking actively at the time, I'd being looking to place a value on my early 1940s 12" AM Opt Dagor, which was coated after WWII, these varyeven more in value.

I've seen the 14" you have sell for much more sometimes around the $2,00 mark so it's luck I guess.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 11-10-2012 at 02:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd say $1200-1500. But you may need to go to Ebay to find a buyer. And probably harder if you want USA only sales. They don't seem to be super rare so the few buyers can wait for a deal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you, Chuck and Ian. Much appreciated. Still haven't decided yet to part with it, but I can count on one hand the times I've used it over the years. I'll do a little soul searching as I could turn it into a toy that gets more use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill, for what it's worth my 12" Dagor was sold for next to nothing with a 10x8 Agfa Ansco Commercial I bought from the US (off a Professor of Photography, this second owner said it was too old a lens and never used it. Instead he used a Nikon M 300mm, he old the lens board for it along withh some blanks and an UNUSED Beattie screen. I have an M 300mm but prefer the dagor.

THe original owner had studied and later taught at the Clarence White Shool of Photography and only bought the very best, and 1940/41 that was a Dagor and an Agfa Ansco. I had brief contact with him shortly before his death.

When I first tried my 12" Dagor I had no expectations - well in truth I expect it to be flaky, instead I found something that could match modern lenses with no diffioculty. Your lens should be even better.

I wouldn't sell my 12" Dagor I'd sell mmy Nikon M 300mm first, but we all have different agendas. I keep 35mm gear yet have very rarely used it in over a decade, possibly longer.

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Geez, Bill. These guys are all nuts. It's worth about $20 and I'll paypal you now..Evan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin