Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,225   Posts: 1,659,679   Online: 966

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snay1345 View Post
    I just put two sheets at a time in a 2x 120 size steel tank and go that way. I gave up trays as my technique sucks and I hated being hunched over in my bathtub as I don't have a darkroom.
    That's good to know as I just ordered a tank like that (it does 2x120 and 4x35) so if I ever decide to take the plunge I'm covered

Shooter
    Large Format

Re: I unexpectedly find myself a large format shooter and need processing advice

Tray developing is such a pain if not doing one sheet at a time. If you can find a used Combi tank your developing will get much easier! Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve, you forgot to mention that 3x4 Graflex and that 3-1/4 x4-1/4 film that I bought from you.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So, adelorenzo, got enough advice yet?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    LOL Sirius but ain't that the truth.....I'm nowhere near at your level and since joining I've both a Yashica 35 electro, debonair (similar to holga), Graflex 22, light meter, flash for Nikon FG, film, paper, etc. And yesterday I ordered a Patterson 4 tank that can develop 2 rolls of 120 or 4 rolls of 35

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    So, adelorenzo, got enough advice yet?
    I'll take everything I can get.

Seriously though thanks everybody for all the really helpful replies. I'll try some different stuff and see what works best for me.

I'm still in disbelief about what I picked up. I paid $190 for a Toyo CX 45, Rodenstock 150mm lens, four film holders, 50 sheets of Tmax 100 and a cable release. Everything in like-new condition.

It turns out that my scanner (Epson 500) won't do large format so I'll have to make contacts and scan those, but for the time being here is a partial scan of my first-ever successful sheet of 4x5 film. The top and bottom of the frame are cropped by the scanner, unfortunately. I didn't have a lot of light for ISO 100 film so had to shoot at 1/30 which mean's it's not pin sharp but I'm still really excited about the possibilities of this camera. This is basically a straight scan all I did was a little bit of highlight recovery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan-121125-0001-2.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    adelorenzo,

Looks good already. Doesn't look like you need to rush into buying any processing equipment if trays gave you this kind of negative. Trays give even development. That is the standard I use to judge any processing results.

I process by tray and accept the occasional scratch as part of the deal. Many people who tray process use "slosher" inserts. I think they may help improve even-ness and reduce scratches.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've never seen or heard it but as it was a gold rush series I imagine Dawson City and places like Dyea (Skagway), Alaska or Bennett would have been central to the action. Probably less happening in Whitehorse.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And, as it turns out, when you have a light meter you never use and then you decide to use it you should probably read the manual. It turns out to be perfectly accurate, I was just reading it wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Artistic double exposure is much easier with large format...which means UNINTENTIONAL is just as easy. MARK YOUR HOLDERS WELL. I have white label stickers that I use and I write EXPOSED very large on the ones I've shot along with the lens, the aperture, and the shutter speed.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin