Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,923   Posts: 1,584,988   Online: 1106

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    adelorenzo wasn't Sargent Preston and his wonder dog King stationed at Whitehorse? Or was it Dawson?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've never seen or heard it but as it was a gold rush series I imagine Dawson City and places like Dyea (Skagway), Alaska or Bennett would have been central to the action. Probably less happening in Whitehorse.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And, as it turns out, when you have a light meter you never use and then you decide to use it you should probably read the manual. It turns out to be perfectly accurate, I was just reading it wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Artistic double exposure is much easier with large format...which means UNINTENTIONAL is just as easy. MARK YOUR HOLDERS WELL. I have white label stickers that I use and I write EXPOSED very large on the ones I've shot along with the lens, the aperture, and the shutter speed.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    I've never seen or heard it but as it was a gold rush series I imagine Dawson City and places like Dyea (Skagway), Alaska or Bennett would have been central to the action. Probably less happening in Whitehorse.
    Check out this reference: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0182633/
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Concerning processing, Jobo is still producing their tanks new. I always use the Multitank 2 (2520) with the sheetfilm reel. Works great both in the Jobo machines and when handprocessing.
    Lots of second hand Jobo stuff I've seen being sold for near new prices, so don't dismiss buying new from them, if not to support them.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    MARK YOUR HOLDERS WELL. I have white label stickers that I use and I write EXPOSED very large on the ones I've shot along with the lens, the aperture, and the shutter speed.
    I just write the aperture & shutter speed on some small labels. I also use colour dots on each holder to indicate which type of film is loaded unless I'm going out with a single type.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I unexpectedly find myself a large format shooter and need processing advice

I have the Epson V600 and routinely scan 4x5 on it. You just have to scan one half of the neg, then move it over and scan the other half, and then use Photoshop's File > Automate > Photomerge command to combine them. Works like a charm!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use BTZS tubes for 4x5 processing; they are easy and efficient. Chemical usage is 2-6 oz. of solution, depending on your agitation method. I use 6 oz. total solution, with D-76 at 1:3, so this is 1.5 oz. of stock solution. Pretty economical. I use semi-stand development for agitation.

The tubes are relatively inexpensive, less than $200 for a set. You can process one film at a time if desired, or up to 5 at a time.

The tubes can also be home made using black plumbing pipe. I have not done this, but it seems easy enough.

Images
    Heh heh another one fell victim to the pusher man. You did not intend on taking that first hit of crack but you did. You are on the slippery slope now.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin