Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,455   Online: 1177

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah well, thanks for letting us know. Good on ya for trying.
    Years ago I was north of the tree line in Quebec in February. It was minus a bajillion. I was trying to take photos with my Nikon. I kept it in my coat between shots, but fumbling to focus with my mitts on was difficult. I managed a couple of shots and then the film snapped when I wound it.

There's always portraits and still life until the weather warms a little.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Developed and contact printed the negatives tonight. A couple of decent efforts but they all suffer from basic exposure and composition errors, none of them I am happy with.

I'll head out with my Fuji 6x9 next time, I can operate much quicker with that camera in the extreme cold as I don't carry my light meter or even focus it much, normally it is Sunny 16 and zone focus. I don't think my Pentax's motor drive would be happy at those temperatures.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just to update this thread I ended up going with a Jobo Multitank and 2509 reel, I use it on an old unicolor motor base and that seems to work well. I didn't like fishing around in trays with my fingers.

Also I was out shooting at -20 C yesterday and that was much better. The camera controls were still stiff but overall a much happier experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I started with a Hasselblad 501 and 60mm Zeiss lens. Within 8 months I added Wista 4x5 with 2 lenses and extras and also a very special Szabad 8x10. And I had no intentions of ever touching LF. Silly me!

In a few days I will be going out shooting with the Wista in Eastern Montana and we've had highs of -3F last few days. Which I bet seems tropical for you. But I will make sure to think of you when I'm cursing at my numb and useless fingers
    Aleksandra Miesak

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." - Dorothea Lange

Shooter
    Medium Format

Jobo on a print roller base

Some pics of the little Jobo in action it works well on the roller base. I use 500 ml of chemicals just to have a little extra coverage due to the angle the tank sits at.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled shoot-Dec-26-2012__0089-2.jpg   untitled shoot-Dec-26-2012__0089-4.jpg  

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin