Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,448   Online: 1029

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tessar View Post
    Used Ries tripods aren't easy to find
    There's a good reason for that.
    Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have a $300 Benro with a small ball head. I can't see spending more than that. It supports my Horseman 4x5 and SG perfectly.

I also have some huge Bogen 3033 tripod with a 3-way head and it must weigh 20 pounds. Overkill for 4x5 for sure. It's been in my garage for almost a year.
    Last edited by Shootar401; 01-11-2013 at 07:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    I have a $300 Benro with a small ball head. I can't see spending more than that. It supports my Horseman 4x5 and SG perfectly.

I also have some huge Bogen 3033 tripod with a 3-way head and it must weigh 20 pounds. Overkill for 4x5 for sure. It's been in my garage for almost a year.
    Tiltall, way under $100. Mine was $50. Ball heads become problematic, not to say dangerous, with heavy cameras. I use the Tiltall for a Linhof STIV and everything smaller.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Bogen 3036 with a Gitzo No. 3 head for my 8x10 work, a B&H steel tripod for my 5x7 and 4x5 work and an old StarD for anything smaller.

All cheap but used.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In 1986 I bought a Universal from Sydney. One of the Miller brothers made the Universal, the other kept the family name with the business. My tripod head leaked a bit. In 2008 I sold it to a friend. He needed something professional, I was in need of cash.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an old manfrotto tripod that is so worn, that I no langer can make out its name... but it has a Manfrotto #160 head.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Majestic 3000 with a 1400 head. It is a beast, but it sure supports an 8 x 10 real nice.
    Last edited by mhcfires; 01-15-2013 at 11:36 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: wrong brand
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Vanguard Tracker IV

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have 4 Gitzo tripods models from series 1 up to series 5, couldn't be happier, i know they are very expensive, but honestly speaking, i need another head rather than a ballhead to use for large format, i like that of my Manfrotto tripod head, 804RC2, i can adjust each axes independent or individually, so i will search about a head that have that geared for axes in all direction or say 3 main direction [left/right, up/down, rotation].

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Majestic 2500 Tripod with a 1200 head. It weighs a short ton, but supports everything I have.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin