Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,913   Posts: 1,521,696   Online: 1056

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Manfrotto 3046/3047 combo works for me, and is a reasonable compromise for the Sinar monorail.
    Star D/Tiltall for my Super Speed Graphic and anything smaller.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Giottos with a Manfrotto head.

David
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have owned a J-100 Ries and it was the perfect tripod. A bit heavy and way expensive but it held a Calumet C-1 Green Monster without complaint. I am in the market for a tripod now and will probably go with a Tiltall.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rice View Post
    I have owned a J-100 Ries and it was the perfect tripod. A bit heavy and way expensive but it held a Calumet C-1 Green Monster without complaint. I am in the market for a tripod now and will probably go with a Tiltall.
    A tiltall might be a bit strained by a C1...

There's tripod which turns up from time to time, a "CeCo" - Camera Equipment Co, New York City. You see them in old photos with newsreel cameras atop them. They show up with a very nice pan and tilt head which weighs a ton, and sometimes with a very much lighter clamshell head. They're very similar to a Ries, but seem to go pretty cheaply.

Ari

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    FLM CP30-S3S; small, lightweight, and easily supports my 8x10.

I bet you knew I'd say that, though

Shooter
    Large Format
    I own a Ries A100 with double tilt head, J100 with double tilt head and a Leitz Tiltall. The A100 is for my Sinar P and Wehman 8x10. The J100 is for my Wehman out in the field and my Tachihara 4x5. The Tiltall is for my Crown Graphic, Hasselblad, and DSLR. I mostly shoot the Blad and DSLR handheld though.

It sounds like a lot of money invested in tripods but I purchased them all used and just about stole the A100 on Ebay. The J100 I paid a fair market price and Tiltalls are just dirt cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    I own a Ries A100 with double tilt head, J100 with double tilt head and a Leitz Tiltall. The A100 is for my Sinar P and Wehman 8x10. The J100 is for my Wehman out in the field and my Tachihara 4x5. The Tiltall is for my Crown Graphic, Hasselblad, and DSLR. I mostly shoot the Blad and DSLR handheld though.

It sounds like a lot of money invested in tripods but I purchased them all used and just about stole the A100 on Ebay. The J100 I paid a fair market price and Tiltalls are just dirt cheap.
    A classic minimalist combination.

It isn't neccesary to spend a fortune on tripods, I have about $245 tied up in my Marchioni Tiltall and a CeCo, I've found that duo to be 100% satisfactory for all my uses for about 25 years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a contractor's tripod from the local Home Depot with a large, long, heavy wooden plank on top secured with the tripod's native 5/8-11 screw clamp. It supports the entire bed of the 8X10 Seneca.
    Happiness is a load of bulk chemicals, a handful of recipes, a brick of film and a box of paper. - desertrat

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin