Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,761   Online: 938

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Manfrotto 3046/3047 combo works for me, and is a reasonable compromise for the Sinar monorail.
    Star D/Tiltall for my Super Speed Graphic and anything smaller.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Giottos with a Manfrotto head.

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have owned a J-100 Ries and it was the perfect tripod. A bit heavy and way expensive but it held a Calumet C-1 Green Monster without complaint. I am in the market for a tripod now and will probably go with a Tiltall.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rice View Post
    I have owned a J-100 Ries and it was the perfect tripod. A bit heavy and way expensive but it held a Calumet C-1 Green Monster without complaint. I am in the market for a tripod now and will probably go with a Tiltall.
    A tiltall might be a bit strained by a C1...

There's tripod which turns up from time to time, a "CeCo" - Camera Equipment Co, New York City. You see them in old photos with newsreel cameras atop them. They show up with a very nice pan and tilt head which weighs a ton, and sometimes with a very much lighter clamshell head. They're very similar to a Ries, but seem to go pretty cheaply.

Ari

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    FLM CP30-S3S; small, lightweight, and easily supports my 8x10.

I bet you knew I'd say that, though

Shooter
    Large Format
    I own a Ries A100 with double tilt head, J100 with double tilt head and a Leitz Tiltall. The A100 is for my Sinar P and Wehman 8x10. The J100 is for my Wehman out in the field and my Tachihara 4x5. The Tiltall is for my Crown Graphic, Hasselblad, and DSLR. I mostly shoot the Blad and DSLR handheld though.

It sounds like a lot of money invested in tripods but I purchased them all used and just about stole the A100 on Ebay. The J100 I paid a fair market price and Tiltalls are just dirt cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    I own a Ries A100 with double tilt head, J100 with double tilt head and a Leitz Tiltall. The A100 is for my Sinar P and Wehman 8x10. The J100 is for my Wehman out in the field and my Tachihara 4x5. The Tiltall is for my Crown Graphic, Hasselblad, and DSLR. I mostly shoot the Blad and DSLR handheld though.

It sounds like a lot of money invested in tripods but I purchased them all used and just about stole the A100 on Ebay. The J100 I paid a fair market price and Tiltalls are just dirt cheap.
    A classic minimalist combination.

It isn't neccesary to spend a fortune on tripods, I have about $245 tied up in my Marchioni Tiltall and a CeCo, I've found that duo to be 100% satisfactory for all my uses for about 25 years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a contractor's tripod from the local Home Depot with a large, long, heavy wooden plank on top secured with the tripod's native 5/8-11 screw clamp. It supports the entire bed of the 8X10 Seneca.
    Happiness is a load of bulk chemicals, a handful of recipes, a brick of film and a box of paper. - desertrat

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin