Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,652   Online: 979

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will have to investigate further, maybe it was taken apart then reinstalled upside down or something, btw is the writing embossed or just painted on?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like it's screen printed on. Letraset might do a good job...

For what it's worth, I am a bit worried about camera shake when using the rear shutter, so I tend to use the front shutter only.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can still operate the front shutter on the lens with a cable release, its just odd that its firing the rear focal plane shutter in the down position, ive just tried to move the slider by pressing down on it, ive used all my weight on it and its not moving at all, does the focal plane shutter need to be cocked before swapping to the front one?

Edit - I have just emailed the seller, basically what he thinks might have happened is that the switch has moved in transit and is now out of sync, ie its slipped 1 place so that the slider is in the 'down' position but its actually on the 'middle' position - it also means I can't go down any more to set to the front lens.
    Last edited by m1tch; 12-04-2012 at 04:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Heres a short vid I just loaded up on youtube. Dunno if it helps, but at least it shows how my one works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtgF...ure=plpp_video

fran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Heres a short vid I just loaded up on youtube. Dunno if it helps, but at least it shows how my one works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtgF...ure=plpp_video

fran
    Thank you so much for that, I can see the amount of force you need (or don't need) to move it, it sounds like my slider has slipped and needs resetting.

Shooter
    35mm
    Got one last month, to "jump" to LF photography. Full of used marks but working fine (besides the rf not being calibrated). The only thing I find to dislike the camera is that it is all black (and without the "trip/brack/front letters also !?). Kind a like the black/silver ones (has the images and videos of this thread).
    Just a question about the M.O. of the camera. When one is using the focal plain shutter to take the picture, one has to have the lens shutter in T, right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For instructions go to www.graflex.org and http://www.butkus.org/chinon/graflex.htm. Remember to send in $3 if you download from the last site so that it will be there for us tomorrow.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    http://www.butkus.org/chinon/graflex.htm. Remember to send in $3 if you download from the last site so that it will be there for us tomorrow.
    Already done that, It's a site that should be always online until the end of times!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
    Got one last month, to "jump" to LF photography. Full of used marks but working fine (besides the rf not being calibrated). The only thing I find to dislike the camera is that it is all black (and without the "trip/brack/front letters also !?). Kind a like the black/silver ones (has the images and videos of this thread).
    Just a question about the M.O. of the camera. When one is using the focal plain shutter to take the picture, one has to have the lens shutter in T, right?
    Rhodes - You are correct, the front shutter must be on T so it is open at all times when using the rear shutter. It works the other way around too. When using the front shutter, the rear shutter must be set to O. You still must remember to set the f-stop lever to shooting aperture when using either shutter. Lots to remember!

mitch - I wonder if your camera has been repainted with black crackle paint and the original lettering has been painted over? It does sound like there may be something internal keeping the selector switch from moving. It may be fairly easy to take the cover off the side of the camera and check, but you should probably review one of the online Pacemaker repair manuals first.

Len

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When that selector lever sticks, it may just need to be lubricated. A drop or two of oil and gently try to work the selector a few times will sometimes be all that is needed to put it right.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin