Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,376   Online: 830

Shooter
    Multi Format

Lubricant for front standard rails/tracks?

Thinking I was doing the right thing I applied some teflon spray using a cotton bud to the running rails/tracks of my technika III only to find it is now nearly impossible to bring the front standard out of the housing. What can I use to lubricate the rails?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try lighter fluid or naphtha to remove the teflon spray crud. If that doesn't improve things, try using a very fine sewing machine or watch oil for a lubricant, now it will have to work as a solvent to remove the teflon spray that remains after cleaning with lighter fluid.
    Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've always found plain paraffin to be a really effective lubricant for many things including camera slide mechanisms. I use canning wax and just rub a little on. I doesn't migrate or bleed to places you don't want it to go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mandoloid View Post
    I've always found plain paraffin to be a really effective lubricant for many things including camera slide mechanisms. I use canning wax and just rub a little on. I doesn't migrate or bleed to places you don't want it to go.
    Me too!
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also, common wood floor paste wax. 'Johnson & Johnson's Paste Wax' in the USA.
    Easy does it...A little dab goes a long way.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin