Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,537   Posts: 1,572,746   Online: 800

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    Benedryl is good for dogs, too. The freezer works best for cats.
    Yes, but don't try to warm the cat up in the microwave after the photo session.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I did that once. Food warmed in the microwave always had a funny taste after that!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Getting the cat fur completely out of the microwave can be problematic.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    With the price of Sinar equipment being so low these days- I think a F2 is an excellent choice for portraits. The Bino Reflex housing is very cheap now, and coupled with a Sinar fresnel- very effective.

For portraits, I would consider getting the Sinar auto shutter. If set up properly it is extremely quick to use- the shutter automatically closes when a film holder is inserted, and opens again when a film holder is removed. It also allows you to control the shutter and aperture from behind the camera- another major plus.

Being that they are now a fraction of what they cost ten years ago- its now a viable option for the non professional or independently wealthy. DB mounted modern lenses are also probably one of the biggest lf bargains out there as well these days.

Using the auto shutter also allows you to use barrel mounted lenses easily- a major plus.
    Last edited by el_37; 12-08-2012 at 08:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin