Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,967   Posts: 1,523,369   Online: 1195

Shooter
    Large Format

Phillips Explorer

Hi all. I have a Phillips Explorer (#514.) It's from the last run of cameras Dick made. I special ordered from Dick and took delivery in April, 2006. I'm trying to determine the approximate value on the camera which is in like-new condition. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I haven't been able to find anything on this model, only the Compact and Compact II. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Was it a gift? Otherwise if you bought it from Dick, wouldn't you know how much you paid for it?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Was it a gift? Otherwise if you bought it from Dick, wouldn't you know how much you paid for it?
    No, wasn't a gift. I know exactly what I paid for it in 2006. That sum and today's value are two different things. I'm attempting to determine today's fair market value. Insurance folks want to know.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    They've gone into the stratosphere, just like his other cameras, though being scarcer than his other
    models, there's less of a track record in sales figures. Since the Compact II is typically selling around
    6K in clean condition, you should insure your Explorer for at least 4K.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin