Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,326   Posts: 1,536,955   Online: 1204

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My most-used filter is the medium or #8 filter. If I want more contrast or separation, a #12 yellow is useful. Orange filters darken foliage and water too much in many cases for my taste. A light yellow-green is good on occasion, and, yes, I have a red filter, which doesn't get a lot of use any more. Polarizing is a must for color and black-and-white. I have a set of 55mm for my 35mm kit, a set of 67mm for my MF kit, and a set of 77mm for my LF kit. The 35mm and LF set are Tiffen, the MF kit is B&W. I figured my Hasselblad lenses deserved them. I would have bought one large size to fit all with adapters, but I acquired each setup at different times, starting small and moving up.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I pretty much use the same filters as everybody else. I use a pola, a #25 red, and a medium yellow. I'd like to get a yellow green and an orange, but it's no hurry. I standardized on 82mm filters and have step rings for all of my lens sizes.

Another helpful thing I've learned to do is put the stop correction right on the filter. I print tiny labels with a p-touch label printer and stick it to the edge of the filter ring. The more I do things like that the less I have to interrupt my creative thinking with technical thinking while I'm working.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have old Kodak 4" glass filters - actually a gel with glass on both sides. I mount them inside the camera, behind the lens, with a modified Cokin filter holder. If I mount these things in front, the glass sometimes causes flair. They are K1, K2, and K3 - I think that's the same as the modern numbers 6, 8 and 12. I. too, have a lot of trouble with orange filters, but Clyde Butcher told me he uses orange almost exclusively.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use this set of filters from Lee, gets the job done..........

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ack_White.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 58mm filter set and a 67mm filter set. Yellow, Red, Orage, Deep Red, PL, and then I have two ND Grads which are used on all lenses with different size adapters. One other thing I have is a series 6 yellow filter and push on adapter for an old Voightlander folder that I use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin